Re: Europa-List: Throttle slip

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle slip
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:59:04

Hi John,
Problem is the least point of friction is between the AN970 washers and the
 nuts, you can tighten up the assembly, and it will still break out, at var
iable rates, at that junction.
Fix :
Weld fullnuts to the AN970 washers, bond/rivet the plastic washers to the o
ther face of the washers [ Redux / csk rivets], flat the contact surface of
 the plastic dull, with 180 grit paper.
Assemble as Manual, but replace the spacer with washers to shim the lever i
n the middle of the slot, do the inboard nut/washer up very tight.Thread on
 lever, [you might have to thread it on before you run the first nut up, de
pending on throttle box width].
Do the outboard nut/washer/plastic washer up tight to required friction, ke
ep a spanner [ wrench] on that nut as you run a stiffnut up to lock it tigh
t.
Job sorted !