Europa-List: Re: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 05:36:35

Flat tires in a tri gear do not appear to be a big deal.

I have had three in seven years of flying.
Two were nosewheel flats due to pinched inner tubes on the outer,
not inner surface of the tube with slow breakdown of integrity.
These flats occurred while taxiing. One of those occurred at
night at KISP at the far end of Rwy 24, about 1.5 nm from starting ramp.
Of note, my call to the tower elicited an EMS vehicle (ambulance!), not
a tow rig which then took an extra hour to organize.
The other nose gear flat occurred after only 0.5 sm of taxiing.

The main gear flat occurred on landing and the a/c remained controllable
with rudder and brakes. It was a rapid leak, not a sudden blowout.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: