Re: Europa-List: Re: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Bud Yerly

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Bud Yerly
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 13:50:48
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A=0AHi Graham=0AFirst I th
ink we need to absolute clarify what you mean by O/C. My =0Ainterpretation
is Over Center. In other words if you load the main tire, it will =0Aload t
he swingarm which will load LG08, and if Over Center, LG08 will try and =0A
move forward, in other words towards the prop. It will be jamming into the
=0Aundercarriage mounting frame, the more you load it, the harder it will p
ush into =0Athe undercarriage mounting frame. =0A=0A=0AYes, that's what I w
as trying to say.=0A=0A In Jeffs case I think he was under  center and the
abricated undercarriage mounting =0Aframe that did not allow over center, b
ut caused an under center situation.=0A=0AI think you are probably right th
at Jeff's frame was inaccurate and the LG08 =0Acould have been under centre
.=0A=0ASo, do you mean O/C is Over center, =0A=0AYes=0A=0AThus you want 1/1
6" in my term Over center where when you push up on swingarm =0ALG08 is loa
ded and  pushes forward. You want LG12 held by the down indent where =0ALG0
8 is held forward against the undercarriage mounting frame stop where there
 =0Ais little to no slop that would allow LG08 to go under center (in other
s allow =0ALG08 to swing aft towards the tail).=0A=0AAnd LG12 will try and
swing aft too. The nearer to dead centre the LG08 is the =0Aless load on th
e stops on the frame and the less load on the LG12 too. Also the =0Aless ef
fect G loading will have on the position of the LG08. =0A=0AWhen LG08 and t
he shock absorber assembly pivots are all in line there is no =0Aforce tryi
ng to move them, they are in pure compression. =0A=0A=0ABud, do you have an
 opinion on this? I hope I'm not confusing the issue?=0A=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/view
======