Re: Europa-List: Re: N127ZP Landing gear failure.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: N127ZP Landing gear failure.
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:49:59

On Jun 4, 2011, at 8:26 AM, rparigoris wrote:

> When working on my XS gear of A265, I made a jig and fixture to
> observe and allow myself to fully understand how the gear worked.
> I was able to make a measuring jig and to my horror my undercarriage
> mounting frame was allowing one side to be on center, and the other
> under center.

Following the advice of Kingsley Hurst, I studied this condition at
length and I too found that one of the two stops on the LG mounting
frame needed some filing in order for them to make contact
simultaneously. As clever and simple as the retraction design is, a
high level of precision appears to be essential for it to function
properly.

Fred