Europa-List: Re: Fixing Cooling Ducting to Firewall

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fixing Cooling Ducting to Firewall
From: MalcolmH <mhendra@f2s.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 07:24:06

Thank you for all the responses.

I think I understand what is intended now. Rather than reversed, the anchor nut
is mounted on the outside rather than inside face. The shank on the bolts
provided
would be to large in this case anyway (1/4"). Maybe I don't understand?.
Wouldn't you also have to use a washer on the inside of the footwell for the
rivets to pull onto?

I agree with Frans, this puts load on the rivets holding the anchor nut in
place.
Not sure that this is a good solution.

I'll try and carry out Flying Farmers idea of using a bolt from the inside.

Thanks again

Malcolm Hendra (Kit 121)

Read this topic online here: