Re: Europa-List: FW: rudder pedal adjustment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FW: rudder pedal adjustment
From: john firth <firth942@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 18:48:48
i have recently replaced the rudder cables after the port one started to
destrand just as it goes through the fin bulkhead. The cause appears to
be the fitting of two sleeves on the rudder end which hit the bulkhead
on full deflection (go and check yours). My aircraft has two turnbuckles
in the rear fuselage and when setting these up you need to use the ruder
pedal stops so shortening the cable may create trouble here.
Regards, john.
On 11 May 2011, at 06:33, PHILLIPS I wrote:

> I flitted two turnbuckle's in the rear fuselage to eliminate cable
stretch, but so far they are fine, It would
> be a awkward job but they could be retro fitted through the D panel,
> Ivor
> G-IVER
>
> On 10 May 2011 17:38, Mike Gamble <mp.gamble@talktalk.net> wrote:
> Re sent due bounce--
> Sent: 16 April 2011 21:37
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: rudder pedal adjustment
>

> How do we adjust the rudder pedals for short ar=97s like myself after
aircraft completion? The manual suggests cable shortening using home
made triangular 3 bolt clamps in the rear fuse  but these would bounce
around  the fuselage bottom of the XS with the extended tail wheel. So
far I have been using cushions to adjust the body. What are others
doing?