Europa-List: fuel pressure problem, urgent

Subject: Europa-List: fuel pressure problem, urgent
From: Guerner Remi <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:05:21

Juergen,
The diameter of restrictor supplied by Europa is 0.7 mm. In their
Install Manual Rotax recommand 0.35 mm. I have tried both  and now
have 0.5 which seems to be a good compromise between enough pressure
and enough return flow. I also found that the smaller diameter gets
plugged from time to time. You will have this problem with 0.2 for
sure. My typical fuel pressure at cruise with the electrical pump
turned off is 3 to 4 PSI which is in the middle of the range specified
by Rotax.
Remi
F-PGKL monowheel, 912ULS

<<<<<The hole in the first one is about 2mm and the new one is
0,2mm!
Now with the tighter restrictor I achieve a bit more than 0,2bar fuel
pressure
in the full power setting.
I never had a working fuel pressure gage till now so I do not know
what the pressure
was with the original restrictor.
What kind of restrictor do you have installed and how high is your
fuel pressure?>>>>>