Re: Europa-List: Radiator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Radiator
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 17:01:06

John,

Same on my engine installation.  I made up 4 spacers of the appropriate size to
center the radiator in the duct  from aluminum tubing and used anchor nuts on
the inner surfaces of the flange on the radiator to catch the AN3 bolts needed
to hold every thing in place.   I also used silicone baffle material to close
the gaps on the sides and make sure the airflow goes through the radiator and
not around it.

Blue skies and tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Tri-Gear, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S Prop
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On May 6, 2011, at 8:51, John Cliff wrote:

> I am trying to fit the (water) radiator to the cooling duct [XS engine kit],
but the radiator is not as wide as the duct.  If placed to one side of the duct
there is a gap of about an inch at the other side.  The manuual says to attach
the radiator to the side plates with short AN3 bolts (and -4 nuts !), which
clearly will not work.

> Am I missing something here, are they all like that, do I have the right
> radiator
(it in unmarked but about 315mm wide, just over 12"), or what ?