Europa-List: Re: Best device to ratify the Actual Fuel Flow on a 914

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Best device to ratify the Actual Fuel Flow on a 914
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 10:24:01

I have a 2+1/4' UMA analogue flow gauge for my 914. One 201B came with the gauge
and I purchased the magic box from Matronics that came with a second 201B.

Just a word of caution on 201Bs. I screwed one up by screwing an aluminium (blue
anodized) fitting into the 201B. It galled siezed and once removed it buggered
up the threads pretty good. I purchased a bottoming tap and tapped as much
I could. Then ground the tap back even further and went at it once more. of
course
the entrance holes were plugged when doing this. I got perhaps 1+ 1/2 good
threads after this exercise and Reduxed a steel fitting in place. Bottom line
i would only use brass or steel fittings and only install with some goop on
the threads even if it is just the greasy stuff like EZ lube.

BTW, I would imagine you could probably get semi useful information by
installing
only one 201B on the fuel line going from the fuel pressure regulator going
to one carb. Just double that flow and you should probably be semi close to
actual
flow.

Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: