Europa-List: Doors

Subject: Europa-List: Doors
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:44:57

Gidday,
I am fitting my doors for the first time. I have NOT "snicked" them, or
attempted
to alter their shape before installing the door hardware. It is in ! So, after
some adjustment to the door hinge tangs to get them to fit in the rebates
I notice my door doesn't fit the fuse. It appears to be too long aftwise for the
rebate, and also too long in the vertical, hitting the bottom of the fuse rebate
when pushed home. Has anyone sanded the aft vertical edge of a door to get
it to fit, or the bottom edge? I hesitate to do this as I know I have a history
of taking off stuff that I shouldn't, and its a real bugger to put back!
Is there a strategy to applying heat to the back vertical door stile to bend it
nominally more, and thereby raise it? Any advice on how to fit this up would
be appreciated, and I seem to have created a bit of a problem by installing the
hardware prior to shaping the doors, so most of Buds advice I have already
foolishly ignored, or overlooked. Any other takers??
Reg
Tony R.