Europa-List: Best device to ratify the Actual Fuel Flow on a 914

Subject: Europa-List: Best device to ratify the Actual Fuel Flow on a 914
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:35:01

Hi,
I am attempting to determine where my fuel lines will go within my tunnel,
through
my Singleton Firewall, and then up to my 914, then what path is best for my
fuel return line to take to route fuel back to the tank, without going downhill,
and then back up again. This is hard without having the 914 out of its box,
which is why I'd like advice for where in the firewall I should cut holes for
my fuel hose. I am building a Bob Berube Conventional undercarriage, so I don't
have bungee cord to consider. I also see merit in having the fuel lines
supported
within the tunnel, albeit I have 2 bulkheads to transit, the first is
an internal stiffener and dividing panel about 6" back from the firewall, and
another stiffening bulkhead an inch or so forward of the throttle, that links
internally within the tunnel the front vertical face of the thigh supports,
where
my maingear is mounted underneath. This is to create a box section stiffener.
So, how high up can I run my fuel lines in the tunnel to exit Grahams firewall,
and then have enough room for no radical bends up to engine inlet positions?

Thanks.......also:
I am aware of Matt Draille's Fuel Flow Controller advertised on his home page,
and historically I recall others being available. I have only 1 Floscan 201B,
and they aint cheap, plus I don't have the said device yet either. If Matts is
the best, well problem solved, but I am wondering if there is a workaround, such
as an EFIS that will do this. How have others with a 914 solved this problem??

Thanks
Reg
Tony Renshaw