Europa-List: Another request....! GPS

Subject: Europa-List: Another request....! GPS
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 17:49:20
Cheers,
        In order to properly plan direct routes on GPS, for my machine, one
needs a GPS receiver which spits out the usual NMEA sentences plus $GPRMB -
the sentence which allows calculations for waypoints. There are many small
receivers useful for showing where you are (autos, APRS, etc.) but which do
not emit the above sentence. They are profligate and sit in many
cell-phones, i-this's and e-thats.
        However, the Dynon EFIS stands proudly to perform its planning magic
ONLY when it can see $GPRMB. So far, all I can find are $$$$ units and take
up an ATR-standard space or so. No room.
The question I humbly beg is:
Is anyone aware of a GPS receiver of the miniature persuasion which emits
this magic sentence? I expect there is one, but don't know where.
Ferg