Europa-List: 914 TACH/EMSD-10

Subject: Europa-List: 914 TACH/EMSD-10
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 16:17:22
Cheers,
        Today's challenge is finding the wires which produce the RPM,
hopefully. With 52 years into Amateur Radio licence, I'm having trouble
sensing the meaning if the "electric' tach on the 914 to hook up with my
Dynon EMSD10 screen. The circuit diagram seems meagre to me.
        The diagram on 914 Installation manual, p75 shows wires 26 and 13
magically feeding a tachometer of sorts - #26 is attached to its negative
terminal and #13 attached to some other one undetermined. A third terminal
on the tach gets 12Vdc.    I have arranged 26&13 to connect but can't
comprehend the EMS connections to them. I suspect one goes to ground and one
to the #32 EMS wire.
        Am I correct?    Your thoughts gratefully received.
Ferg