Europa-List: Re: place for venturi -in air duct?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: place for venturi -in air duct?
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:11:39

Graham, I do value your comments but I would like to understand this, there are
already two, three inch holes and a vast letter box with radiators in plus the
mono wheel, 8 flap hinges hanging down into the air flow. The amount of energy
the ventrui needs to extract to spin the gyro is tiny. Is it because the air
is rotating around the fuselage and thus the drag the venturi causes is due
to a larger area?

The icing aspect is interesting - wouldnt really want that to ice first in
cloud.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Warp drive FP
Build nearing completion

Read this topic online here: