Europa-List: Monowheel Brake Adjustment

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel Brake Adjustment
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 14:01:31

Hi Folks,

I've just replaced the brake pads on my Europa. They seem very thick -
compared to the worn ones which were almost down to the rivet heads!

I'm sure it will all go back together OK but I have a suspicion that
they might well up clamping themselves to the brake disc when I tighten
the bolts. Can you adjust the gap between the pads such they don't bind
maybe with a couple of washers as shims?

Anyone else find their pads bind? As I say I haven't actually put them
back on yet and they might be alright - I just want to make sure I have
my bases covered before I head over to the hangar later this week.

Regards,
Martin