Europa-List: Sun'n'Fun

Subject: Europa-List: Sun'n'Fun
From: PITT STEVEN <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 02:55:22
Hi to all on the list,
An update on Sun'n'Fun. We made it to the show today and assisted with the
clear up before having the stand ready to open about 10.00am.
A large marquee from another vendor collapse alongside our plot on top of a
car and one glider wing. This received a glancing blow which will mean a
repair to the air brake and aileron but little else.
The rest of the glider fuselage was mildly damaged on the surface of the
tailplanes, again this will be easily resolved by Bud and his team.
Bud's own aircraft also received minor damage to the rudder.
Our marquee was completely unscathed and all the chairs and marketing
materials were safe inside, although there was a 'river' coursing through
it.

Jeff Behrnes 'Baby Blue' was out on the flight line and Jeff reports all is
well, which is remarkeable in view of the damage caused to other aircraft in
the vicinity.

No other Europa aircraft were present (despite photos suggesting different)
and the people mentioned in other emails had arrived by car and are all in
one piece.

You can see photos and a video on the EAA website with a commentary from Rod
Hightower, the new EAA President. The damage was truly heartbreaking and the
photos graphically make the point. No one was seriously injured, as far as
is known, so the show was in retrieval mode today with spirited displays by
the Blue Angels and Raptor in clear blue skies.

Thanks to everyone for their concern and thoughts and we are all thankful
that the Europa team are in one piece and enjoying Sun'n'Fun once more.
Regards
Steve Pitt with Jeff, Mary, Nigel, Diane and Terry.