Europa-List: Araldite 420

Subject: Europa-List: Araldite 420
From: flyingphil2 <ptiller@lolacars.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 05:51:44

Hi,

Has anyone had this problem before?

I've been using some Araldite 420, which is in date and I believe has been
stored
correctly.  I've mixed some up twice now and despite mixing it thoroughly for
quite a while, I'm left with some very small 'flakes' of 420A (the yellow
paste).
When I say small I mean about 1mm in diameter.  I was painting the glue
on some metal parts and I managed to get most of the flakes off the part but
it was a struggle.

The glue has gone off and set hard but I can see some of these yellow flakes in
certain areas which I've ground out.  Prior to mixing the second batch, I put
the 420A in the airing cupboard for a bit to warm up but I still had the same
problem.

Has this glue got a problem and if so, can I rectify it or do I need to get a
new
can?  Anyone know what I've done wrong if it does have a problem?

Thanks,

Phil

Read this topic online here: