RE: Europa-List: Earthquake Christchurch

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Earthquake Christchurch
From: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:49:35
Glad to hear all more or less well

Best wishes

Will

From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Tim Ward
Sent: 23 February, 2011 21:11
Subject: Europa-List: Earthquake Christchurch

Dear All,

Many thanks for your kind enquiries about the earthquake in
Christchurch.

I was here and it was frightening. More of a lateral shaking then the
Sept 4th 2010. Three separate ones 6.3, 5.7 , 5.2 all scary stuff.

After fetching the children from school we got out of the city and drove
down to Geraldine as we didn=99t has water, electricity or sewage.

The inner city is a mess, a real mess. I lost a chimney only. The family
are all ok.

We now have electricity however the sewage system has been destroyed
with a lot of liquifaction, little volcano shaped

ground rock-silt coming to the surface. Big mess in the eastern part of
the city. Best thing is to stay out of the city so you don=99t use
the sewage system,water

and get a good nights sleep without after shocks!! My little girl has
been quite traumatised by it, well we all have

actually; the unexpected, the unnerving and how helpless one can be. The
earth is angry at the moment!!

And, of course, ZK-TIM slept right through it!!

Thanks again,

Tim

Tim Ward,
12 Waiwetu Street,