Re: Europa-List: Earthquake Christchurch

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Earthquake Christchurch
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:27:17
Tim,

Thanks so much for the update.  Glad to hear you and the family are
safe.  Our prayers are with you and the folks of Christchurch.

Take care,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Tri-Gear, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
Prop
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On Feb 23, 2011, at 20:11, Tim Ward wrote:

> Dear All,
> Many thanks for your kind enquiries about the earthquake in
Christchurch.
> I was here and it was frightening. More of a lateral shaking then the
Sept 4th 2010. Three separate ones 6.3, 5.7 , 5.2 all scary stuff.
> After fetching the children from school we got out of the city and
drove down to Geraldine as we didn=92t has water, electricity or sewage.
> The inner city is a mess, a real mess. I lost a chimney only. The
family are all ok.
> We now have electricity however the sewage system has been destroyed
with a lot of liquifaction, little volcano shaped
> ground rock-silt coming to the surface. Big mess in the eastern part
of the city. Best thing is to stay out of the city so you don=92t use
the sewage system,water
> and get a good nights sleep without after shocks!! My little girl has
been quite traumatised by it, well we all have
> actually; the unexpected, the unnerving and how helpless one can be.
The earth is angry at the moment!!