SV: Europa-List: SV: Re: Some Trigear dimensions

Subject: SV: Europa-List: SV: Re: Some Trigear dimensions
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 20:53:57

Roland,

I should perhaps have added why I fixed the aircraft by the two main wheels:
The wheels and wheel legs are designed to take substantial forces in any
direction (I would expect strong enough also to hold the aircraft inverted).
It therefore seemed logical to use these easily accessible strong-points,
and not risking any consequences of introducing new points into the
fuselage.   My "things" (clamps?) are also very strong, although I have only
applied "eyeball engineering techniques" in the inception and manufacturing
stages.  Just add another layer of heavy glass fibre mat  - - -.

As I pulled my aircraft in nose-first, I used a strong baggage web strap
around the nose gear, and hooked the electric winch wire to this.

Since you are pulling your aircraft tail-first:  Do you have a well-bedded
tie-down point under the tail somewhere, that can be used?

Regards,
Svein