SV: Europa-List: Re: Some Trigear dimensions

Subject: SV: Europa-List: Re: Some Trigear dimensions
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 15:22:05
Roland,

Removing and re-fitting the spats is done in a matter of a few minutes only.
Good to have them off to check tyre pressure, to.

You may have figured out how to fix the aircraft to your trailer, but in
case it may be of any interest, attached is a sketch of how I did it (I have
a covered trailer which I used before I got hangar space at the local
airport).

The "things" (I don't know what to call them in English - nor in Norwegian,
for that matter!) are made of thick fiber glass mat and epoxy.  I used the
tyres as male molds, just make sure you cover it all well with plastic bags,
and don't bring the lay-up further in toward the wheel center than to the
thickest part of the tyre, to be certain you get the "thing" off again when
cured.

I pulled the two wheels up against chocks permanently fitted to the trailer
floor, with tight-fitting longitudinal wood pieces bolted to the floor for
lining up the wheels.  The holes for the 2 pairs of bolts on each side are
then also lined up.

The winch used for pulling the aircraft up on the trailer is mounted on the
trailer floor just in front of where the nose wheel stops.  By keeping the
wire tight also during towing of the trailer, the aircraft nose does not
bounce up and down.

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ