RE: Europa-List: painting a plated engine mount frame

Subject: RE: Europa-List: painting a plated engine mount frame
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 09:17:30

Hi Graham,

In my book, extra firewall insulation and additional painting are optional
extras.  I think the old adage says " when deciding if an optional item is
worth fitting, toss it in the air and if it falls to the ground it is too
heavy to fit"  Weight is the real enemy of aircraft performance.

I learned this the hard way and have lots of nice extras, but my wife can
take hardly any baggage on our trips.  My stuff is essential, of course.

Regards

Brian Davies