Europa-List: painting a plated engine mount frame

Subject: Europa-List: painting a plated engine mount frame
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:23:41

my FWFD kit from europa as well as other manufactured parts that have arrived
recently
are plated with cadmium or something similar- bits like the engine mount
frame. Can anyone tell me if I should paint these and if so, is it ok to use
the normal aircraft metal etch primer. I would then add the normal two pack
poly paints.

ALSO, I am still not clear whether it would be a good idea to coat the firewall
GRP with sticky backed foil/insulation or foil of somekind, I have seen
something
like this in some of the pictures.

Help appreciated.

--------