Re: Europa-List: aileron to wing attachment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: aileron to wing attachment
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:48:13

----- Original Message -----
From: vicflett@tiscali.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:36:56 AM
Subject: Europa-List: aileron to wing attachment

li.co.uk>

Hi there,

just beguining to attach the ailerons to my wings on my xs
mono but they are too long!

i have read through the manual but cannot
see where i am supposed to remove the excess.

is it from the inboard
close-out next to the flap flange on the wing close out or on the wing
tip end close-out on the aileron.

also what clearance should i be
looking for as this is not mentioned either..

GPUPY

=C2-some years to go
yet!

vic flett

===========

 =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2--Matt Dralle, List Admin.
Vic-

It would seem to me to be the outboard end.=C2- You need to be concerned
that the inboard end accepts the aileron push rod without hanging up, so yo
u have little flexibility on that end.=C2- I think most people have a min
imum of about 1/8 inch on the outboard end, and a little more between the a
ileron and flap.=C2-On my wing, I reversed the gusset that goes in the wi
ngtip to give me a nicer closeout between the aileron end and the wingtip.

Jim Puglise

A-283, Punta Gorda, FL

About 95% done.

MS -