Europa-List: Exhaust springs

Subject: Europa-List: Exhaust springs
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 00:24:48

Hi all,

As some of you are aware I have been doing a few mods on my cowl.  One
of the things I have done is to re design the exhaust to point
straight back.  I made a temporary one out of 4130 steel to prove the
concept and I am making a new one out of stainless.  I have decided to
incorporate a slip joint and I need some information on springs.
Could someone with a 912/s installation tell me the overall length,
the diameter and wire thickness of the springs that are used on there
exhaust system.  Also, if there a local source then that would be
handy to know.

Thanks, Paul