RE: Europa-List: NSI CAP 140 IFA prop maintenance and spares

Subject: RE: Europa-List: NSI CAP 140 IFA prop maintenance and spares
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:49:24

Hi Bob

NSI were bought out by Maxwell Propulsion some year back, Maxwell have
ceased trading recently.  Although they never officially supported the
CAP140 they did have quite a number of spares.  The blades are standard
Warpdrive and readily obtainable from them directly. However the cuffs are
NSI and would need to be refitted. There was an AD regarding the early
version of the cuff but they are now on Mark 3 with no issues.  The original
problem was when the prop was fitted to I think Lycoming or Continental and
not Rotax or Subaru.  There are still a few spares about but watch out for
spare blades where the Subaru ones turn the other way.

Very well engineered propeller with little to go wrong.  Check for play in
the blades when it is static. It also suites the Europa flight
characteristics and performs well.  Mine is on a 912 and we get 125kts
indicated at around 14.5 litres ph depending on load.

Regards

Pete