Europa-List: Auto-pilot servos

Subject: Europa-List: Auto-pilot servos
From: Rick Sivier <rick.sivier@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:46:33
Folks

I am getting started on my cockpit module and as I want to install an
auto-pilot, I am planning to buy and install the servos whilst everything is
easily accessible.  My thinking at the moment is to buy Trio servos as these
seem to be well supported by the various EFIS manufacturers.  I have a
couple of questions: firstly, are Trio as good as their web site says they
are?  And secondly, there is an option on the Trio to have auto trim
adjustment - is this worth having and is it approved by the LAA as part of
the auto-pilot mod?

Cheers

Rick