Europa-List: 82 UL MOGAS

Subject: Europa-List: 82 UL MOGAS
From: Guerner Remi <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:28:02

Frans,

"One way to increase the octane rating is by... adding ethanol. "
In France, 98 Mogas has no ethanol while 95 contains about 4%.  So I
prefer using 98.

"There is no benefit to use higher octane ratings than the engine
needs. "
One benefit is to provide additional margin against detonation, which
is critical especially with the 914.

"I always use Euro 95 fuel, and never experienced any problems with it."
I understand your experience with the Europa/914 combination is
limited to a few dozens hours, right? Be careful, you do not know you
have detonation until you find a melted piston or broken piston rings.
I know: this happened to me!

Regards
Remi