Re: Europa-List: 82 UL MOGAS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 82 UL MOGAS
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:20:18

On 08/29/2010 12:07 PM, Guerner Remi wrote:

> Other questions: is there any ethanol in this fuel? Why they do not
> supply Premium or Premium Plus / Super, whatever they call it, which
> would offer the higher octane rating we need for the 912S and 914, with
> only a slight cost increase?

One way to increase the octane rating is by... adding ethanol.
So, take the lowest suitable RON number you can find. There is no
benefit to use higher octane ratings than the engine needs. The higher
the octane rating, the higher chance that the fuel contains ethanol, or
other similar unwanted additives.

I always use Euro 95 fuel, and never experienced any problems with it.

Frans