Europa-List: antenna design/installation

Subject: Europa-List: antenna design/installation
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:14:15
        I guess I'll repeat several previous messages.
        There has always been a good connect between old time hams and
homebuilts. Each is strangely attracted to the other. The simplest way for a
homebuilder to get the ideal antenna installation is to ingratiate him(her)
self with the local amateur radio club. Ask for someone who's had a ham
licence more than 10 years and intrigue them with the challenge of
discussing the whole shebang. Hams used to be able to build like us until
the orient started the teeny-tiny radios, so are familiar with antenna
design/installation.
        Tell him where you wnat it, what you want, wind him up and let him
go.
Ferg