Europa-List: EIS problem identified

Subject: Europa-List: EIS problem identified
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:47:28

Ian=2C Gary=2C Bud=2C

Ian was right about the sensors. I used the only consistently wrong value o
f 10.0 volt with the engine not runnunig as a refernce to work with.

I pulled my 24 pin connector apart=2C which disconnects all probes=2C and t
he volt display was good at 12.5. So now I just had to identify which wire
was the culprit.

I used one jumper and connected one wire at a time=2C until I came to the C
HT=2C which is pin4 on the EIS side. To be 100% sure I cut the wire=2C reco
nnected the plug and ran the engine. Everything looks good except for the c
ht of course.

One more question: Is the faulty part most likely the VDO probe or the two-
stranded wire ? The two wires are crimped onto a ring-connector=2C and are
hence shorted. I don't really understand theprinciple=2C but are the two wi
res necessary ? Where can I get a VDO probe quickly ? motorcycle or car par
ts shop ?

The mind boggles at the software in this EIS unit. It scrambled all importa
nt parameters. My battery move was purely coincidental.

I think our lives would be a lot more complicated if it wasn't for this for
um.

Thanks again for all your help.

Karl