Europa-List: Brass Toilet Seat Screws Requested

Subject: Europa-List: Brass Toilet Seat Screws Requested
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:17:21
Gidday,
I'd like to make Bob Nuckolls External Power Receptacle and I need to
get hold of the brass screws recommended. If one of you guys
states-side, next time you go to Home Depot or Lowes happens to remember
and would be happy to buy 2 sets, and put them in the post, I'd kindly
appreciate the help, and beam over some money or get it to you one way
or the other?  Here is what Bob says to describe them.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie......home building.
P.S. Where I come from there is no such thing as a brass fitting, only
plastic.

You'll need two sets of toilet-seat screws from a
hardware store or plumbing shop (be sure to get "aircraft
quality" toilet-seat screws - shouldn't cost more than $100
a set!!!). These will be about 3" long, made of brass and
come with nuts and washers. They'll be .312" coarse thread.
You need the ones with very low profile heads. You'll also
need two (.032 thick minimum) heavy brass washers [8]
with .312" holes in them and an o.d. of .500 to .625".