Europa-List: Alternate Controller for CAP 140 NSI prop

Subject: Europa-List: Alternate Controller for CAP 140 NSI prop
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:39:39

Marcel,

You might find satisfaction with this controller. I hope it could solve your
problem

http://www.smartavionics.com/prod-csc.html

reg

Tony Renshaw

On 21/07/2010, at 6:07 AM, Marcel wrote:

> Owning now a Europa XS TG with Rotax 914UL engine  and the CAP140 NSI prop I
am having troubles to operate the variable pitch prop. The previous owner didn't
know anything of this prop control.
> I have a big switch you can toggle up and down to vary the prop pitch and so
the RPM ,this works fine, but there are several push buttons, called CAL, UP,
DOWN, RESET and ENTER switches. I can input figures from +90 down to -30 and
then
the digital display says something like BETA < 7.5.
> I'm trying to fly the aircraft but my engine is getting very hot and over RPM
is possible, so the adjustment of the prop limit pitch is beyond limits I guess.
> Tried to find expertise around but not successfull.
> Is there anybody out there to help me understand how to operate this CAP
> NSI140
pitch controller and how to alter or set the correct pitch for a rotax914