Re: Europa-List: Inquiry into getting some Flight time in a Europa Monow

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Inquiry into getting some Flight time in a Europa Monowheel
From: JEFF ROBERTS <Jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:41:11
Jeff,
I cant help you with the mono wheel. I guess I can't help you at all
other than with some advice. I did ten hours on a Katana DA-20 before
I flew my Europa. I loved it but only flying 152's I would have loved
anything. I remember saying this would be a perfect plane with a foot
or two less wing. Once I flew my Europa I new I had my wish. Yes she's
a tri but the katana is a good choice to get some time in if nothing
else is available for the flying part. Then get some tail time in
whatever tail dragger you can find. I know a few guys that did some
duel mono glider time before they flew the Europa mono with some good
results. Anyway get what you can get... then taxie her as much as
possible. Then fly her in some still mornings and you'll be fine. What
about it Troy?
Get the time off and bring her to Rough River in the middle of
September for the fly-in. They'll be more monos and mono pilots for
you to pick their brains.
Good Luck!!

Jeff R.  N128LJ Gold Rush