RE: Europa-List: Re: Mod 70 fliers with tufnol strips in place of cables

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Mod 70 fliers with tufnol strips in place of cables
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:14:02

One nice thing about this hybrid approach is that the tufnol could be easily
removed if clearance ever becomes an issue.
On the flip side of the coin, since others have not had problem with the
tufnol only solution, I could make cables and remove them, but have them on
hand to install later after flight testing, if I think they would be better.
Not sure how hard is it to install the pre-made cables with the top
installed, though. It seems it would not be too bad, except for a complete
disassembly of the torque tube.
~G
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 70 fliers with tufnol strips in place of
cables

I reused the turnbuckles I had installed on the original build and installed
the tufnol. No problems so far.
Tim