Europa-List: Tri Gear europa xs for training

Subject: Europa-List: Tri Gear europa xs for training
From: albertakolbmk3 <cheriebraun@xplornet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:05:24

Hi to all,

I'm new here and have been really looking into the europa. After watching the
kitplanes
video (awesome) I started gathering info on this plane. Could a person
use the europa xs tri-gear to obtain his pilots license. I have 35 hours between
a c152, c172 and kolb mk3 ultralight. I really had my mind set on the rv6/6a
but after reading up on the europa and it's great fuel
economy/performance/useful
load I'm unsure now. Are many people using the 1450lbs gross? What is
the cockpit width? I'm 6' and 220 lbs. I'm not sure how I feel about composites
either. I'm looking at one with a 914. BTW, I'm from central alberta, canada
and if there is anyone flying one that is within driving range please let me
know, I would love to see it in person and try it on for size.

Thanks,

Tony

--------
Tony B.