Europa-List: MDO Brake Master Cylinder and Billet Mechanical Fuel Pump

Subject: Europa-List: MDO Brake Master Cylinder and Billet Mechanical Fuel Pump
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 19:07:29

Fellow Europaphiles,

Just wanted to let you know that I have completed the MDO Brake Master Cylinder
and Billet Mechanical Fuel Pump installations.

My solution to the BSPT Europa brake caliper was a complete and total brake
system
replacement.  New MDO master cylinder, new brake line (from MDO), new hose
ends (one from MDO for the master cylinder end and a Speed Flow AN3 fitting for
the caliper end) and a new Grove brake caliper.   If I were to make any changes,
it would be to put a 90 degree 1/8 NPT to AN3 on the caliper and use a straight
hose end to connect.  I think it would be neater looking.

I have also installed the Billet Mechanical Fuel Pump and Regulator.  It has
become
a very nice installation package.  I love the idea of eliminating the electrical
dependency of the Rotax 914 engine.

I have not flown the new packages yet, only ground and taxi tests.  After 4
months
off, I didn't want to try flying the Little Dragon Lady with winds 10G14,
070 to 100 degrees on a N-S runway.  I'd kinda like to start with the winds
close
to runway heading and work back up to 90 degree X-Winds.  Hopefully, the winds
will cooperate tomorrow morning.

You can check out the final entries to the MDO Brake and Billet Pump albums in
my gallery.

Now I can get the last of my 40 hrs of testing flown off and start to do some
real
flying.

See you at Oshkosh and Rough River!

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.