Europa-List: Use of Choke Starting the 914

Subject: Europa-List: Use of Choke Starting the 914
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:53:05

Gidday,
I am trying to work out whether my choke should be near the throttle on the top
of the tunnel, with the added advantage of keeping cables all running together,
or whether there might be some argument in favour of putting it on the LHS
of the panel, near the ignition key? I am concerned that the bends required for
the bowden cable might be problematic on the LHS and in behind the panel, but
I was thinking to be able to operate it with my left hand whilst starting might
be a good idea. The problem is, I don't know how to start the 914, whether
there is any need to play with the choke, or just set and forget. So, has anyone
put it on the panel on the LHS, or is this just a dumb idea?
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie