Re: Europa-List: New Tail Spring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: New Tail Spring
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 07:36:05

Hi John

Like others have mentioned, Redux begins to soften ~ 160F, thus you can
get it to soften enough to remove without hurting Epoxy resin on fuse.

Curiosity question, was your spring bolt bent also? What sort of trauma
was needed to get spring to bend?

I incorporated a piece of
metal that helps prevent bolt from bending.
See about half way down
page:
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=27732&g2_page=2

Don't want to make spring too stuck to fuse, that way not only
would spring bend but you could damage fuse which is much harder to
repair. That said flight Crafters said it dosen't take too much of a
swerve to bend bolt.

Thx.
Ron Parigoris

> <nicolaprice@tiscali.co.uk>
>
> We have a
slightly bent tail spring which we need to replace. Any clues on
> how to get the old one out. The retaining bolt is easy, but as to
removing
> the epoxy at the base of the rudder ? Any thoughts
would be appreciated.

> John Price.
> G-SHSH
[Rolling Eyes]