Re: Europa-List: door locks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: door locks
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:51:24

On 06/17/2010 12:03 AM, Fred Klein wrote:

> Once upon a time, some kind soul either sent me directly or pointed me
> in the right direction so I could see both photos and drawings of the
> door lock mechanism.

Are you referring to the mechanism to lock the doors with a key?
If so, would you rather have the thieves just walk away with your fancy
headset, or do you want them to pry the door open with a screwdriver or
smash a window first? We are talking about thieves, if they want
something, they don't care about damaging your Europa.

I have deliberately no locks on my Europa. If thieves want something, I
rather want them taking it without damaging anything.

Frans