Re: Europa-List: Rough River

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rough River
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:42:14
JeffR/Chuck/potential attendees,

Though I'm reluctant to mention adverse weather w/ respect to a
gathering at RR, KY and I certainly don't want to rain on anybody's
parade, I'd like to raise a point for discussion about holding a
Europa gathering in conjunction w/ the Louisville EAA event.

Though I always enjoy EAA fly-ins for the opportunity to see special
aircraft, I'm wondering if, by holding these two events on the same
weekend, we may be pushing the limits for accommodations at the
lodge...(?). If I recall correctly, participation in the event last
year was curtailed significantly due to weather (I did not attend.)

But perhaps, due to the proximity of Louisville to Rough River, most
of the attendees for the EAA event do not opt for overnight
accommodations at the resort...(?)...and my concern is misplaced.

Speaking only for myself, I can say that I really enjoyed attending
the RR Europa gathering in '08, and even though weather was iffy and
limited the Europas to only three, meeting and chatting w/ all those
who drove in or flew commercial was indeed a pleasure...I'm also
wondering what effect diluting that energy and focus on type might have.

...jus thinkin...

Fred