Europa-List: Piano hinge for cowling

Subject: Europa-List: Piano hinge for cowling
From: p-a.austin <pa.austin@xnet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:49:20

Rick,

Keep in mind that the hinge will be following the curve(s) of the cowl, this
has the effect of making the gaps where the hinge halves mate together
smaller, you will need to file a small taper on each end of each lug. Also
in my case the original hinge wire ended up being to hard to insert and
remove. I went for a stainless wire that was a fraction smaller in diameter
and it works well.

Regards

Peter ZK-ZEB