Re: Europa-List: flaps

Subject: Re: Europa-List: flaps
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:56:12
Will,
Attached is a method of rigging a Europa for hands off.  I never have
had to add an ugly trim tab to get one to fly straight.
Some techniques provided may mean you need to order new flap brackets to
get the rig right.
Usually on a new build, I use Bondo and wood shims to set the flaps
perfectly rigged with the incidence board provided in the manual.
Put the wings on and check from behind.  When it is perfect, then finish
the hardware to make it right.
I have some experience with making silk purses out of sow's ears, and I
know yours will work out.
Email if you have extraordinary difficulty.

Hope this helps

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations
US Europa Dealer