RE: Europa-List: flaps

Subject: RE: Europa-List: flaps
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:27:29

Since both flaps are driven by the same motor (lever, if we are talking
Monowheel)then the only way the movement range of the two flaps can differ
is if when retracted one flap reaches its up stop (ie in the wing T/E) 4
degrees before the other.  Due to the flexibility of the linking drive rod
(sorry can't remember the part no) one flap can stop prior to the other but
will end up fully retracted ie zero degrees, with the link rod slightly
twisted.  Trouble is when you extend, one flap will start moving
significantly prior to the other. They both stop moving when the flap motor
stops but one will have travelled further.
If you find this to be the case then the problem is with the original flap
rigging to the drive link rod. Possibly incorrect attachment of the link rod
to the fuselage flap hinge arm.

Pete Jeffers