Re: Europa-List: Material for cockpit covering

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Material for cockpit covering
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:06:01

On Jun 13, 2010, at 4:04 PM, craig bastin wrote:

> one thing with the memory foam, it is quite heavy

I just weighed my cushions...seat back cushion = 0.9 pounds; seat
cushion = 3.75 pounds (each (obviously uncovered)...total: 9.2 pounds.

  Seat backs are 1" regular foam wrapped around 2 sticks of left over
memory foam for lumbar support + regular foam wedges. Seat cushion is
1" hi dens memory foam (green) + 1" less dens memory foam (blue) + reg
foam wedges. For better thigh support, seat cushion extends about 4"
fwd of vertical CM diaphragm .  The green foam is so-called "crash
foam"...a real plus IMO. Note, in photo, back cushions are temporarily
propped up w/ some pink rigid foam blocks; covering will include
velcro straps down the rear face of the raised portion of the CM.

Though I've yet to spend hours on end just sitting and making airplane
noises...they do seem comfy.

Fred