Re: Europa-List: Underseat Fuel System

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Underseat Fuel System
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 23:26:55

On 06/08/2010 09:53 PM, Raimo Toivio wrote:
> I have drainage holes there also but blocked them by glued pieces of
> blue foam.
> If some free fuel occurs, it will immediately melt its way out.

Smart idea!

I put all fuel related stuff (pumps, filters, valves, flow sensors) in a
sealed box, with a hatch to the underside of the plane. From there I can
access the gascolator, and if there develops a leak in the dozen or so
T's and other connections, it will leak out via the hatch. I won't even
have a fuel smell inside the cockpit.

But still, I like your idea to have a few "melt holes" at strategic
places. It seems the tank can leak too! So, now I have found a use for
my scrap blue foam.

Frans