RE: Europa-List: 912S - Flying in rain

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 912S - Flying in rain
From: Kevin Challis <kevinmarie@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:48:48
Dear All,

I have a tri gear Europa Classic with a XS firewall forward setup and a
912ULS with a NACA on top of the cowling for the carbs. I have flown through
very heavy rain, light rain etc (I am based in the UK)  with no problems.

My rads oil & water are one behind the other with quite a gap at the bottom
which lets air bypass the rads. The temps are fine and I have been as far
south as Morocco with it in the summer and very hot conditions.

I don't often say anything on this forum as

1.       I don't understand the technical stuff.

2.       I am too busy flying it.

Kevin