Re: Europa-List: Re: Realistic price for 914F3?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Realistic price for 914F3?
From: Jim Brown <acrojim7534@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 04:44:46
I do not think that Rotax had any "certified" engines in 1998.... Check the
 serial number, if it has UL after the serial number then it is not certifi
ed...at least to my thinking....- =0A=0AHere in the U.S. if you install a
 "certified" engine in a experimential airplane then the engine becomes a n
on certified engine..Or words to that effect.=0A=0AI know some of the 912 S
 series of engines installed in the Light Sport airplanes are certified, I
have not seen any 914 engines installed in certified light sport airplanes.
....=0A=0AIn 1998 Rotax did not have any TBO's on their engines, sometime i
n the mid-2000 they started showing TBO on the light sport aircraft and I t
hink all of the Light Sport a/c are equiped with the 912 S series of engine
s.=0A=0AThese are my thoughts, as to your questions... I have operated a 91
4 since 2000 when I started flying a monowheel with a 914..At that time Rot
ax did- not have any certified engines..=0A=0AJim Brown=0AN398JB=0A=0A=0A
=0A________________________________=0AFrom: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>=0ATo: eu
ropa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Sun, May 30, 2010 5:03:37 AM=0ASubject: Eur
opa-List: Re: Realistic price for 914F3?=0A=0A--> Europa-List message poste
d by: "zwakie" <mz@cariama.nl>=0A=0AAnyone out there who can give me some d
irection on this?=0A=0A=0Azwakie wrote:=0A> Someone informed me about a Rot
ax 914F3 that will be coming up for sale in the near future.=0A> =0A> I was
 told that this fully certified engine:=0A> - currently runs on a certified
 airplane=0A> - will be taken off due to TBO coming up shortly (year of bui
ld: 1998)=0A> - is in perfect shiny state ("looks like brand new")=0A> - ha
s 400 hours TT on the clock=0A> - will be delivered with all parts and docu
mentation that you would get when buying a new 914F3=0A> - will receive a 6
00 hrs interval inspection and maintenance before it is being sold=0A> - ha
s all SB's/TM's completed=0A> - has flown appr. 30 hours each year, without
 extended periods of non-running=0A> - has always been maintained according
 to Rotax maintenance schedules=0A> =0A> To me this sounds like a perfect o
pportunity to have a certified engine for a homebuilt. But.... since I have
 not built my Europa myself, I have no clue about prices of engines. =0A>
=0A> I would therefore highly appreciate all input I can get from the Europ
a-community on the subject of price: what do you think would be a realistic
 price for this engine based on above description?=0A=0A=0A--------=0AMarce
l=0A(Classic Tri-Gear PH-MZW - formerly G-BWON)=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this top
ic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=299335#2
=0A=0A