Re: Europa-List: Europa Monowheel Brake Problem?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Monowheel Brake Problem?
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gotsky.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:20:06
Hi Jeff,
My mono-wheel brake was leaking a bit of fluid and not holding pressure
well. Turned out to be the O-ring seal. We removed the brake from the
disc and used a rubber tipped compressed air  gun to push the "puck" out
of the slave cylinder. Then we saw the o-ring to  replace. It looked
like it was leaking from the bleed screw simply because the bleed screw
is the lowest point to drip from.

When the mono is sitting tail down the master cylinder in the tunnel is
at an angle with the filler low. I needed to raise the tail (or unmount
the master cyl) to get the air out.

Messy job eh?

Kevin