Europa-List: Europa stall warner

Subject: Europa-List: Europa stall warner
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:16:34

With the benign stall characteristics of the PH-DIY and plenty of
natural warning before stalling, a stall warner is not really necessary.
But I had already installed the stall warner before the plane was
finished, so I decided to adjust it anyway.

After I adjusted the Europa stall warner to 6 knots above the stall, I
noticed that the stall warner warns when I'm parked at the ground.
Technically this is correct of course, a non flying airplane is
permanently in a stall condition, but is it supposed to work this way?

Frans